Re: [foaf-dev] [foaf-protocols] FOAF sites offline during cleanup

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:57:02 +0200
To: Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net>
CC: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, foaf-dev Friend of a <foaf-dev@lists.foaf-project.org>
On 28/4/09 14:54, Story Henry wrote:
> Just to remind people in this discussion: Jeremy Carroll's algorithm
> does work with blank nodes. So I don't think the blank node discussion is appropriate
> here.

Yes, it has some clever techniques that work with bnodes sometimes,
often, usually. Those are not the kinds of property of an algorithm that
endear it to use in a security context. Jeremy himself said earlier in
this thread that signing the source text is more appropriate to the
current problem space, and I'd like to stick with that conclusion and
move on!

cheers,

Dan