Re: [foaf-dev] [foaf-protocols] FOAF sites offline during cleanup

Steve Harris wrote:

>>> I guess it depends whether you count your population by triples or
>>> graphs, but that seems quite high to me. The vast majority of FOAF
>>> data (Hi5 and LiveJournal, for example) has bnodes in it, and FOAF
>>> makes up the bulk of LinkedData as far as I've been able to tell.
>> No, the FOAF data with bnodes in the LOD cloud come from the places
>> you've just mentioned via PingTheSemanticWeb (PTSW) and other crawler
>> built from PTSW, or those that performed similar RDF crawling.
>
> My reading of your sentence above was that you were including PTSW,
> and in any case if you don't not crawl how can you ever get to see a
> reasonable slice of the LOD?

I was referring to the data sets in the LOD cloud bubble that we've
loaded into the instance at: http://lod.openlinksw.com  (which does
include stuff from PTSW but placed into its own Named Graph Group).
Think warehouse just for this conversation.

> FWIW, I just did a crawl starting with my FOAF file and some key
> resources.
>
>>> Outside of FOAF the BBC music data, for example, has a lot of bNodes
>>> in it.
>> Hmm. interesting.
>>
>> Do note you can actually get a feel for what's where re. bnodes and data
>> sets via:
>>
>> http://lod.openlinksw.com/void/Dataset .
>
> Sure, well I would imagine many people have different, large chunks of
> the linked data web. Mines full of bNodes :)
Sure esp. in the real definition of: Linked Data Web as opposed to the
LOD cloud graphic :-)

Kingsley

--

Regards,