Re: [foaf-dev] [foaf-protocols] FOAF sites offline during cleanup

On 27 Apr 2009, at 14:26, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>> I would safely say re. LOD Cloud somewhere north of 80% :-) And
>>> thats
>>> primary due to the content coming from PingTheSemanticWeb, otherwise
>>> I would say 90% and higher. The "Linked Data" meme has always
>>> encouraged URIs for everything.
>>
>> I guess it depends whether you count your population by triples or
>> graphs, but that seems quite high to me. The vast majority of FOAF
>> data (Hi5 and LiveJournal, for example) has bnodes in it, and FOAF
>> makes up the bulk of LinkedData as far as I've been able to tell.
> No, the FOAF data with bnodes in the LOD cloud come from the places
> you've just mentioned via PingTheSemanticWeb (PTSW) and other crawler
> built from PTSW, or those that performed similar RDF crawling.

My reading of your sentence above was that you were including PTSW,
and in any case if you don't not crawl how can you ever get to see a
reasonable slice of the LOD?

FWIW, I just did a crawl starting with my FOAF file and some key
resources.

>> Outside of FOAF the BBC music data, for example, has a lot of bNodes
>> in it.
> Hmm. interesting.
>
> Do note you can actually get a feel for what's where re. bnodes and
> data
> sets via:
>
> http://lod.openlinksw.com/void/Dataset .

Sure, well I would imagine many people have different, large chunks of
the linked data web. Mines full of bNodes :)

- Steve