Re: [foaf-dev] [foaf-protocols] FOAF sites offline during cleanup

Peter Williams wrote:
> almost incomprehensible - to the layman. But, I believed you - to about 51%.

The LOD-Cloud pictorials:

1. http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/pub/lod-datasets_2009-03-27.html
2.
http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/pub/lod-datasets_2009-03-27_colored.png

Problems:

1. The black and white clickable version does really group the bubbles
2.  Neither pictorial provides clarity as to what's constructed from
physical RDF dumps (as per LOD community best practices), "on the fly"
RDFization, or Progressive Crawling.

Thus, when I say: we have a Virtuoso instance hosting the LOD-Cloud [1],
someone can always come along an question the accuracy of the claim (as
Hugh has just done).

In anticipation of the problem I describe above, I sought to partition
the LOD-Cloud along the following lines: Warehouse (stuff loaded from
dumps) and Dynamic (RDFized Data). Then I could say with accuracy, bar
inadvertent omission, that we have an instance hosting the Warehouse
component of the LOD-Cloud.

Hugh: So to be precise, we are claiming to host the LOD-Cloud Warehouse
:-) The Graph Group IRIs used in the VoiD graph [2] reflect most of the
partitioning you see in the colored pictorial re. the stuff available as
Linking Open Data community dumps [3][4].

Links:

1. http://lod.openinksw.com
2. http://lod.openlinksw.com/void/Dataset
3. http://esw.w3.org/topic/DataSetRDFDumps