Re: [foaf-dev] FOAF sites offline during cleanup

From: Ian Davis <iand@internetalchemy.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:18:19 +0100
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Cc: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, foaf-dev Friend of a <foaf-dev@lists.foaf-project.org>, Peter Krantz <peter.krantz@gmail.com>, "foaf-protocols@lists.foaf-project.org" <foaf-protocols@lists.foaf-project.org>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, "paola.dimaio@gmail.com" <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>, Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.manchester.ac.uk>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Dan,

Sorry to hear about the attack on your server. If there's anything I or
Talis can do to help, just let me know.

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:

Thanks everyone for the concern and offers of help. It'll take a few
> days to figure out the best way to make the Web side of the project more
> helpable. In the meantime http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/ is worth
> some attention!

With the lessening emphasis on RDF/XML, shouldn't we be looking at signing
the triples. I seem to recall a paper by Jeremy Carroll that discussed this.
Also, now many of us are focussed on bnode-free linked data the problems of
signing are much easier: serialise as ntriples, sort and sign the result.

Ian