Re: FOAF sites offline during cleanup

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:12:25 +0100
Cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, foaf-dev Friend of a <foaf-dev@lists.foaf-project.org>, foaf-protocols@lists.foaf-project.org, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
To: paola.dimaio@gmail.com
On 26 Apr 2009, at 14:07, paola.dimaio@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Dan
>
> thanks for the update, you mentioned something of the kind last week.
>
> I am terribly sorry to hear that, as being hacked is the equivalent
> of being raped and murdered, at least that's what it feels like,
> from what I remember

This is so inappropriate that I don't know where to begin. I feel
certain that you don't know how it feels to be murdered. It certainly
is, by most people's lights, nowhere near the equivalent.

I don't know if you are a rape survivor (I hope not, of course), but
the survivors I know would be offended at best by this analogy.

So don't make such analogies.

Cheers,
Bijan.