Re: Some FOAF services

Mischa,

On 26 Nov 2008, at 15:25, Mischa@Garlik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Am mailing round to announce some FOAF related services Garlik are
> hosting at foaf.qdos.com.

Very cool stuff.

> 1. FOAF Validator[1]: We have put together a page which can be used
> to validate foaf documents. We put this together based on common
> errors we found in FOAF documents online. Any suggestions for
> further tests are welcomed.
>
> 2. FOAF Reverse Search[2]: This service outputs foaf:knows
> relationships from our KB stating who claims to know the
> foaf:Person in question. You can present the service with either a
> foaf:Person URI like so:
>
> http://foaf.qdos.com/reverse/?path=http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-
> Lee/card%23i
>
> or you can search for an Inverse Function Property (IFP) if the
> foaf:Person URI is not known for example, you can find who claims
> to know the foaf:Person with the following homepage: http://
> plugin.org.uk/
> like so (notice the inclusion of the GET argument ifp):
>
> http://foaf.qdos.com/reverse/?path=http://plugin.org.uk/&ifp=
>
> Given the decentralised nature of foaf data, this allows data to be
> presented regarding who claims to know a foaf:Person.
>
> 3. FOAF Social Verification [3]: This allows you to make use of the
> foaf social network to act as a whitelist for blog, email, and
> other online activity
>
> 4. FOAF Viewer: You can also use our GUI [5]  to visual your foaf
> network. For example, see Steve's foaf file here :
> http://foaf.qdos.com/find/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fplugin.org.uk

Are there any plans to offer this service as RDF? (i.e. a non-reverse
lookup, similar to what google social graph offers?). I've been
looking at some options for using foaf to pre-populate social sites
which could use something like this (http://planb.nicecupoftea.org/
2008/11/18/foaf-slurper/).

> 5. FOAF pinger: And finally, If we dont have your foaf file in our
> KB, you can use our ping [4] service to upload your foaf:Document
> to our KB so that you can make use of our services.
>
> Any thoughts/suggestions welcomed,
>
> Mischa
>
> [1] http://foaf.qdos.com/validator/
>
> [2] http://foaf.qdos.com/reverse