Re: FOAF OWL DL

Cristiano Longo wrote:

> Thank you very much, but I can't understand why the xml base is not
> defined.

A quick hello from vacation:

Yes, you're right, this ought to have an xml:base. I'm slowly
resurrecting http://wiki.foaf-project.org/IssueTracker as a real issue
tracker (many of those issues have been addressed but their
documentation wasn't updated). I've just checked and we did have such an
issue open, I've updated it a bit, assigned it to me:
http://wiki.foaf-project.org/IssueTracker#Open_Issues

MissingXmlBaseIssue
'FOAF RDFS file contains owl:Ontology header whose URI does not match
the file's URL, xml:base addition would correct this.'

Re DL compatibility in general, I think it probably makes sense to
target OWL 2.0 since there are (as I understand it) some accomodations
to FOAF-like vocabularies in the recent OWL work. I'd love it if someone
more familiar with the new OWL specs could offer suggestions on what if
anything we could do to the RDFS/OWL spec to have FOAF work with more
OWL tools...

cheers

Dan