Re: [semantic-web] <none>

John,

It looks you misread what Renato tried to tell you.

There are two classes of people, people of science and folks doing business. Those who in the first class all their conscious life are engaged in the search of truth and knowledge for its own sake, like men of art seeking beauty for its own sake, without any practical ends. All great intellectual deeds and outstanding achievements and revolutionary explorations have been done by this unique kind of people, designated as the class of intellectuals, marked by a romantic disregard for money. And Truth is their only real divinity.

Now, those who belong to the second class are mostly concerned about making capital for themselves at the expense of others, if ever possible.   So, they are supposed to be selfish men doing money out of anything, be it even a sacred cause. They are very realistic and sensible about practical matters, with down-to-earth common sense, and commercial approach to any situation. All big commercial exploits and business enterprises mostly have been done by this kind of people, marked by seeking commercial profit in any activity. And Mammon is their only real deity.

One cannot serve both Truth and Mammon. But I am not inclined to demonize the second class and sanctify the first one, for all are doing their contribution to the advancement of humanity for better life and society.

The point is, in this commercial society, the intellectuals look more defenseless, since they can do nothing but think and create by mental means, and so can be easily used and exploited by the second class of people, with no proper pecuniary compensation for their services.

What you have been politely hinted, just show a proper respect for a man of intelligence, who earned high regard, instead of showing your shrewdness and disrespect and now sarcasm.

Also, be ready that your exploit may be all for naught, a pathetic goose end, at best, adding a pile of patents with something of temporal importance, while true ideas, as you might guess, will survive all of us, now being embodied as ontologies in semantic technology and intelligent machines.

take care,

azamat abdoullaev

http://www.igi-pub.com/books/details.asp?id=7641