Re: idea for RDF newbies

On Sunday 13 April 2008 1:38, Tom Morris wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Golda Velez <gv@btucson.com> wrote:
> >  It seems to me that newcomers to RDF would greatly benefit from a
> >  human-annotated site about ontologies, with examples, use cases, reviews
and
> >  maybe popularity score and often-used-with list.
> This is one of the main reasons I setup http://getsemantic.com/ - feel
> free to edit it so that it serves this purpose better.

This is a great site for newbies!  I'll attach my implementation-notes thing
here when its ready.  I think I need more than a wiki because the process of
adding examples should be semi-automated.  I've also tried to contact Victor
Lindesay because what I want to do is kind of an extension to
http://schemaweb.info but haven't reached him yet.

Right now the model I'm working on would spider or let people submit example
implementations and grab the vocabs out of them, then keep track of triples
like
 	:dc :used_at  :some_url

 so that we can sort and rank by popularity, and even let people categorize
the implementations in the dmoz taxonomy so people can see what vocabs are
used in what context.   ie

	:some_url  :belongs_to  :dmoz_cat

Don't know if this is the best way to do it, suggestions welcome.

--G