Re: idea for RDF newbies

On Sunday 13 April 2008 10:13, Ben Adida wrote:

> Golda Velez wrote:
> > It seems to me that newcomers to RDF would greatly benefit from a
> > human-annotated site about ontologies, with examples, use cases, reviews
and
> > maybe popularity score and often-used-with list.
>
> Yes, very cool, and you could even do this with XHTML+RDFa, the same way
> that Creative Commons does its RDF schema definition:

Yep - I was planning to output everything in RDFa ;-)

In fact, that brings up another question.  I know I can make a tool (based on
GetN3 !) that parses publicly available RDFa and RDF files and records which
vocabs are used in conjunction with which.

Is there any other form that the semantic web currently takes that is publicly
accessible?  If I want to ask the question, what vocabs are used in what
context, is it enough to spider and parse RDF and RDFa files that I can find
on Google?  (yeah, and OWL when I feel up to it)

Does anyone have a feel for whether there is more semweb activity going on
privately (military & enterprise) or publicly?

> http://creativecommons.org/ns
>
> (look inside the XHTML for RDFa, that's actually an RDF schema.)

Interesting - I hadn't thought about doing the schema itself in RDFa!

Thanks
--G