Re: Is ontology an information resource?

Thank you, Richard, for your reply.

So, an ontology is an information resource, at the end of the day.

A request for non-information resouce shoud return 303,
but 303 itself does not preclude the possibility that the requested resource
is an information resource.

OK, now that the Classes and properties ARE non-information resources,
requests for them should be answered with status code 303 (ignoring
other non-relevant possibilities of codes like, for example, 404).

Then to what URI (IRI) should the Class/property URI be re-directed?

It is to a URI which dereferences to the defining ontology, right?

But should it be the URI of the ontology as a generic (information) resource
or the URI of one of its representation (specific resource), for example
RDF/XML file?

Is there any specification that answers this question?

If there is none, which is the better practice?
(I'd be happier with the former, though)

Many thanks in advance again.

Best,
Yoshio Fukushige
fukushige.yoshio@jp.panasonic.com