Re: A new Semantic Web logo?

Hi Michael,

(sorry for the short answer, gotta leave in a sec.)
We (SWEO and the Comm team) had looong discussions around the
SemWeb logo and whether we can use the RDF icon and re-brand
it. *If* we had taken the RDF technology icon, we would
have triggered a number practical issues, esp. for site that
use the RDF icon as a pointer to RDF data. The SemWeb logo
represents the whole initiative, not just a selected
technology. There *may* come dedicated logos for the
various sub-groups (GRDDL, OWL, RDFa, etc), but the
communications team really wanted an umbrella branding, too.

Benji

--
Benjamin Nowack
http://bnode.org/