Re: A new Semantic Web logo?

On 10/11/07, Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de> wrote:
> Pretty nice, but: What was wrong with the old one? Honestly, I found the
> blue triangle more distinguishing than this coloured box. The triangle was a
> graph with three nodes (resources) connected by three edges (properties).
> And we had the triangle for such a long time, why suddenly the change? Or do
> I misunderstand something here? (Or has the W3C server been hacked? You
> never know. ;-))

I like the new logo, but I don't like the restrictions.

I give talks at BarCamp events in the UK about the Semantic Web - mostly on
GRDDL and SPARQL. I'd like to get a whole bunch of the new SW stickers to
give away for people to use to plaster their laptops with:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/laptopstickers/

And I'd like to be able to use the image as a background for slides.

A slightly more open license would be useful. Perhaps something like the
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial license?

--
Tom Morris
http://tommorris.org/