Re: Turtle - Terse RDF Triple Language updated

On 3 Oct 2007, at 12:04, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

[snip]
> It seems strange to build one entailment into the language and not
> others.  Keep the synatx as syntax; have entailment done elsewhere.

I cannot agree more. And I agree utterly.

Even if you interpret it as a kind of syntactic sugar in that case
and not an entailment, then you are overloading the syntax in a way
that loses the one-to-one correspondence with the graph which is a
strongly useful fact about Turtle.

> In particular, structured editors might well not want any such
> procesing
> done.

Indeed. And what Steve said too!

Cheers,