Re: Linked Data on qdos.com

On 29 Nov 2007, at 15:49, Frederick Giasson wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>

> Good initiative!

Thanks.

> However a couple of things:
>

> First I would suggest that you validate the syntax of "http://qdos.com/schema#
> " using: "http://www.rdfabout.com/demo/validator/"

Yes, it complains about q:spaces.live, but I think that's because that
turtle parser is out of date. It passes raptor's syntax test.

>> The links to eg. wikipedia use the property <http://qdos.com/schema#wikipedia
>> >, is there something we can usefully make those properties a
>> subPropertyOf? I would have liked to use the FOAF site membership
>> properties, but they're unhelpful for the particular data we're
>> trying to handle.
>>
> Not sure it is a good idea to make it a sub property of anything
> considering how you described the q:wikipedia property.
>

> Also, I would suggest that you use rdfs:domain and rdfs:range to
> restrict the use of these properties. Otherwise, with the current
> state of the ontology; I can use any of these properties to relate
> any resource with any resource :)

Yeah, sure, the schema is a bit crude, it's the bare minimum needed to
make the site go.

> so, currently I can say: <foaf:Person> <q:ebay> <foaf:Person>
>
> This has no meaning with the current definition. Is there are
> documentation about the creation of this ontology?

No, there wasn't time to document it unfortunately.

> Would like to know what are modules, why you described all these
> properties to the rdf:Property properties, etc.

The properties of a property are just for compactness. We could have
reified everything, but it would have bloated all the data. q:modules
are an internal thing that tell us what piece of code to use to
extract data from each type of resource.

- Steve