Encapsulating Behaviour with RDF/OWL Ontologies [was: The Object Oriented Web]

From: James Leigh <james-nospam@leighnet.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 10:01:08 -0500
To: Manuel Vila <mvila@3base.com>
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Hi Manuel,

Taking a leap here, but are you suggesting that we should looking ways
to encapsulate methods along with our semantic data?

  If so, I would like to point out that at OpenRDF.org the project Elmo
allows behaviours (methods) to be associated with RDF resources. These
are packaged together with the ontology and Java interfaces into a jar.
Currently only Java methods and only on Sesame repositories are
supported, but more will be supported in the future.

  Is this like the idea you had in mind?

Cheers,
James