Re: Terminology Question concerning Web Architecture and Linked Data

"Hans Teijgeler" <hans.teijgeler@quicknet.nl> writes:
> To me the distinction between information and non-information resources is
> non-existing, because what you call a non-information resource actually
> contains information as well

But it doesn't contain *only* information.  Information Resources are
things which can be entirely and completely encoded as bits and then
transmitted over a network.  They can be copied, perfectly.  They can be
serialized.  They are pure information.  (Another name I suggested for
this class was "Digital Artifact", but the TAG went with "Information
Resource" instead.)

That, it seems to me, is a fairly crisp and useful class to define when
talking about computer systems like the Web.

    -- Sandro