Re: Reasoner with OWL 1.1 and TBox-query support

On 26 Apr 2007, at 16:41, lautenbacher_flo@gmx.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently searching a reasoner which supports the upcoming OWL
> 1.1 and is not restricted to ABox-queries, but does also support
> TBox queries. Is there anything available?

If by TBox query you mean things like that which is supported by the
DIG API, then all the major reasoner support this, typically through
DIG and through a custom API.

> The tools that I tested were KAON2 and Pellet which are supporting
> OWL 1.1, but both say in the (short)

Thanks for the snark. Makes me feel special and so happy to help.

> documentation that they only support ABox queries. Are there any
> alternatives?

What we mean is that *conjunctive* queries (i.e., SPARQL queries) are
restricted to the ABox. This restriction will be lifted in a future
version along the lines described in:
	http://clarkparsia.com/files/pdf/sparqldl.pdf

With that, you can use sparql for TBox, ABox, or mixed queries. You
might have to work to get all of the DIG queries (e.g., parents).

Cheers,
Bijan.