Re: OWL version of Dublin Core?

On 23 Apr 2007, at 12:46, Yoshio Fukushige wrote:
> My current problem is that I want a transitive version of
> http://purl.org/dc/terms/isPartOf .
>
> Should I use a property in other major vocabularies,
> for example
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/SimplePartWhole/
> part.owl#partOf
> (I'm not sure if it is major, though)
>
> Or defining my own transitive property as a subPropertyOf
> http://purl.org/dc/terms/isPartOf
> would make more sense?

I would recommend to define your own property and make it a
subproperty of dc:isPartOf. This is a common approach: Define your
own vocabulary with all the constraints you need, and then relate it
to popular vocabularies using subClassOf/subPropertyOf. This gives
you the best of two worlds -- hand-tailored constraints, and
compatibility with consumers of the popular vocabularies (provided
they do subclass/subproperty inference).

Richard