Re: Controlled Vocabularies Aid Translation and Content Management

Le 4 oct. 06 à 18:41, Hans Teijgeler a écrit :
> It is very relevant to W3C, because their Recommendations are, at
> times,
> hard to understand for someone whose native language isn't UK-
> English or
> US-English. Add to that the handicap of not belonging to the happy
> incrowd
> of W3C, so not being conversant with much of the W3C-specific slang
> and the
> abundantly used acronyms.

Not perfect but starting solutions

  * W3C Glossary and Dictionary
    http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/
    The W3C glossary is using SKOS
    http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/
    Data are available at
    http://www.w3.org/2003/03/glossary-project/data/glossaries/

  * W3C Translations project
    http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/
    (Volunteer effort)

btw I encourage spec editors to produce a SKOS file of their concepts.
We can also extract them from the spec itself _if_ the HTML markup is
suitable for automatic extraction.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***