Re: "Hash URIs" and content negotiation

Hi Alan,

Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

>> I won't make comment on if it is a good idea
>> or not, but content negotiation is a
>> necessary mechanism. Accept is in the same
>> spirit of Accept Language, right? Do you
>> think Accept Language is a good or a bad
>> idea?
>
> Don't know. Personally I prefer when a list of
> available languages is listed on the web page
> and I click where I want to go. This seems to
> be the current practice.

...but the sem web is not about pages humans can
click on, it's about machines discovering and
interpreting information, so there is no current
practice.

I just try to remember that the U in URI
represents the Uniformity of the addressing format
and not the Uniqueness of the identified resource.

My "+1": When I've written RDF harvesting agents,
content negotiation has been very useful and
(overall) it simplified the discovery process that
I had to write.

Rich
--
Rich Boakes