Re: "Hash URIs" and content negotiation

I think that one could argue that either way.  The way I see it, the
resource should be decoupled from its representation.  Here, the resource is
the content of the document, while the representation is the language in
which it is written.  In the real world, though, it depends on the domain.

If you're building a document management system, in which you are
representing each physically printed document as a resource, you could argue
that it's semantically incorrect to demote various translations from
resources to representations, and I'd agree with you.

If, on the other hand, you have online user profiles that you are
dynamically translating to different formats (e.g. RDF, XHTML, and different
language versions thereof), it's probably more correct to treat the profile
as the resource and the translations as the representations.

-Pius