Re: ANN: D2R Server publishing the DBLP Bibliography as Linked Data (Semantic Web grows 10%)

Damian,

On 7 Nov 2006, at 00:42, Damian Steer wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand the point of moreData. It's supposed to
> be weaker than the (weak already) seeAlso, to the point where it's
> a relation which doesn't relate subject to object? ("Further
> information that may or may not be related to the subject resource")
>
> If you want to mention a resource why not just mention it (:foo a
> rdfs:Resource)? Or :foo a :InterestingPlaceToLook?

link:moreData would be mostly for RDF crawlers, to make sure that a
crawler can reach the complete dataset from any document.

In the context of D2R Server, we have one (usually small) RDF
document for each resource. Each of those has a link:moreData pointer
to a "navigation" document which allows the crawler to reach all
other resources (possibly over multiple steps).

Would a simple "<http://.../moreDataDocument> a rdfs:Resource" in
each document suffice? Maybe. I think it's a bit too weak. I think
it's worth distinguishing between "Foo exists." and "By retrieving
Foo, you may find other information that I thought is worth pointing
to." But maybe you're right and it's unnecessary.

Richard