Re: RDF/XML does not support numeric terms

On 10/03/2006 15:52, Misha Wolf wrote:

> We do not have such a requirement.  The requirement we have is to be
> able to express, eg:

OK, each of the examples you give are representable in RDF/XML

>   One of the subjects of this News story is represented by URI-1

<ex:Story>
   <ex:subject rdf:resource="http://example.com/taxon#0261-3077" />
</ex:Story>

>   One of the genres of this News story is represented by URI-2

<ex:Story>
   <ex:genre rdf:resource="http://example.com/taxon#0261-3077" />
</ex:Story>

>   One of the creators of this News story is represented by URI-3

<ex:Story>
   <ex:creator rdf:resource="http://example.com/taxon#0261-3077" />
</ex:Story>

>   One of the Descriptions of this News story has the role
>   represented by URI-4

<ex:Story>
   <ex:description rdf:parseType="Resource">
     <ex:role rdf:resource="http://example.com/taxon#0261-3077" />
   </ex:description>
</ex:Story>

I could see a problem if you were using these URIs as properties, but
the use cases you suggest don't call for that.

Ian