Re: Semantic Web gTLDs - uri crisis again

Hi Richard !

> On 10 Oct 2005, at 17:16, Dr. Francis MUGUET wrote:
>
>> Why should you be against people that would like to build
>> some gardens of Eden.
> To be trite: I think we all know how that turned out the first time
> around.
Yes, and all we know why.... because the garden was corrupted from the
inside. Bad data hidden in an apple...
The Eden comparison was more like a joke.
The enviroment comparison is more to the point.

>> These gardens are not going to hurt anyone,
>> and after all, those who hate Eden are free to stay in Hell.
> I hate to see people waste their time.
This is very kind of you, but people have their freedom to chose
to waste their time ( from your perspective )

> A managed top-level, with a controlling body deciding on who has  good,
> clean meta-data, coupled with censorship? Centralisation  doesn't work.

I like to compare again the SWgTLDs project with an environmental project,
The laissez-faire approach did not work for the environment
, there is a need of some regulation.
What is good for the pollution of the earth, should be good for the
pollution of the Cyberspace.
Anyway, I see this discussion turning more into a political debate
between two opposing philosophical conceptions, and I would not answer
any more on this philosophical point concerning SWgTLDs
otherwise we are going to
pollute this list with irrelevant data.

Best regards

Francis

> -R

Francis F. MUGUET KNIS/ENSTA

Pôle de Développement pour l'Information Scientifique
"Réseaux de la Connaissance et Société de l'Information"
Scientific Information Development Laboratory
"Knowledge Networks & Information Society" (KNIS)

ENSTA
32 Blvd Victor 75739 PARIS cedex FRANCE
Phone: (33)1 45 52 60 19  Fax: (33)1 45 52 52 82
muguet@ensta.fr   http://www.ensta.fr/~muguet
mirror            http://www.muguet.org

MDPI Foundation Open Access Journals
Associate Publisher
http://www.mdpi.org   http://www.mdpi.net
muguet@mdpi.org       muguet@mdpi.net

World Summit On the Information Society (WSIS)
Civil Society Working Groups
Scientific Information :  http://www.wsis-si.org  chair
Patents & Copyrights   :  http://www.wsis-pct.org co-chair
Financing Mechanismns  :  http://www.wsis-finance.org web