Re: tag URIs (was Re: New Intro to RDF)

Joshua Tauberer wrote:

> ...if I want to assign a URI to my bed (as I did in the article),
> I don't think there's a point to using http:.  Of course in the end it
> doesn't matter, but it is a point of confusion.

The confusion has come about because there's so much administrative
baggage associated with domain names. If your bed had a numbered tag it
would benefit from http:ness and a "fuck a bunch of authoritizations"
attitude.

In a recent news story about who governs the internet it was asserted
that all the possible domain names had been gobbled up by the greedy
Americans but of course by the very definition of numbers, this is an
absurd notion.

So http: to your heart's content because the indexing/dating will
adequately differentiate otherwise identical number choices.

Love.