Re: New Intro to RDF

Hammond, Tony wrote:
> It's called 'info:'
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vandesompel-info-uri-04.txt

Ah, that's pretty good.  My reservation is its own custom registration
process, in which everyone that wants to use info: would need to
register.  With http: URIs, there really is no registration process
because it works off of the structure of authority in http: URLs (which
isn't just domain names, but the authority of subdirectories too).  It
would be nice to have a URI scheme like info: but without the need for
another registration.  So if you have the authority over http:X, you
have the authority over newscheme:X.  One way to merge that with info
would be to say if you own a domain name, you're automatically
registered with that name in the info: registry.

Also, this is totally irrelevant, but I can't help but point out
something a bit ridiculous (light sarcasm):

> DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is
> not the original intended recipient.

Who was the unique intended recipient of your email?  Was everyone else
on the mail list supposed to shred their copy of the email?  :)

--
- Joshua Tauberer

http://taubz.for.net

** Nothing Unreal Exists **