From: semantic-web-request@w3.org [mailto:semantic-web-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Jeremy Wong
Sent: woensdag 6 april 2005 8:32
To: Hans Teijgeler; semantic-web@w3.org
Subject: Re: RDF Schema - question on implied typing with rdfs:Class

ex:PassengerVehicle rdf:type rdfs:Class is an explicit assertion of what
you're describing. Your rdfs:subClassOf triple entails ex:PassengerVehicle
rdf:type rdfs:Class. However, if the assertion ex:PassengerVehicle
rdfs:subClassOf ex:MotorVehicle is removed and you do not assert
ex:PassengerVehicle be an instance of rdfs:Class, then ex:PassengerVehicle
is no more an instance of rdfs:Class unless you retain the explicit
assertion.

Jeremy