Re: RDF Schema - question on implied typing with rdfs:Class

From: Jeremy Wong <50263336@student.cityu.edu.hk>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:32:14 +0800
To: Hans Teijgeler <hans.teijgeler@quicknet.nl>, semantic-web@w3.org
ex:PassengerVehicle rdf:type rdfs:Class is an explicit assertion of what you're describing. Your rdfs:subClassOf triple entails ex:PassengerVehicle rdf:type rdfs:Class. However, if the assertion ex:PassengerVehicle rdfs:subClassOf ex:MotorVehicle is removed and you do not assert ex:PassengerVehicle be an instance of rdfs:Class, then ex:PassengerVehicle is no more an instance of rdfs:Class unless you retain the explicit assertion.

Jeremy