Re: SemWeb Non-Starter -- Distributed URI Discovery

Hi all,

Es begab sich aber zu der Zeit 05.04.2005 06:57,  da Patrick Stickler

jup. have a look at www.gnowsis.org
we used CBD's to write simpler adapters than full graph implementations.
(ie http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/d2rq/)

if you download the latest release
http://www.gnowsis.org/statisch/download/gnowsis_0.8.1.zip
http://www.gnowsis.org/statisch/download/gnowsisSetup_0.8.1.exe

you find the source to many so called "CBD adapters"
we did an interface CBDEnhanced and used it throughout the whole
application.
at the end, most of the system is somehow CBD enhanced and a single
URIQA server on the side gives access to
* MSOutlook
* IMAP emails & folders
* filesystem
by the consequent use of CBDs and URL/URIs for identifying resources.

I am actually in writing a paper right now for ISWC about this topic, it
is quite obvious from our view that writing adapters can be done in many
ways and we have tested most of them, cbd is quite a quick start for it.

cheers
Leo