Re: SemWeb Non-Starter -- Distributed URI Discovery

On Apr 5, 2005, at 00:13, ext Richard Newman wrote:

> Patrick,
>   It's funny you should say that, because I think I just added some
> weight to your argument -- I just implemented a URIQA server using
> Ora's Wilbur[1] toolkit and the Araneida Web server[2].

Cool.

(I really need to put together an online listing of all the
  various URIQA implementations, sever and client side; there
  are quite a few, and more all the time -- which is great)

> It only took me a few hours of work, and I think everything's in there
> barring the facets format (the PDF for which seems to have
> disappeared).

I believe you are referring to
http://swdev.nokia.com/facets/RDF_Facets.pdf,
though note that this is not part of URIQA, but a technique we use in
conjunction
with our generalized search and navigation solution (which covers both
metadata and textual content).

>   Extending my other software clients to use it is trivial, and
> (seeing as they also use Wilbur) making a knowledge-sharing web of
> apps using URIQA is a simple matter.

;-)

>   Granted, this has not been well-tested, and I haven't compared it
> thoroughly to the reference implementation (there's a shortage of
> Windows machines in my office!), but it seems to work on my machine :)
> I thought you might be interested regardless.

Definitely.

>   Full scoop at [3].

Thanks!

Patrick