Re: QT4 CG Meeting 002 Minutes, 2022-09-13

Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> writes:
> I created and pushed a branch with these changes, but creating a pull
> request failed with an error about signing the commits (a process I'm
> not familiar with).

GitHub is attempting to tighten security on public repositories. (I’ll
have another message about this in a few minutes) Here are the details
about signing commits:

  https://docs.github.com/en/authentication/managing-commit-signature-verification/signing-commits

Basically, this assures that a commit that is purported to have come
from Michael Kay really came from you.

We can probably turn this off if it’s odious, but signed commits seemed
like a reasonable precaution.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--