Re: GitHub ·qtspecs· Repository • Labels

> > How could even the tutorial writers be aware of such hidden gems?
>
>   Well, they might start by reading my book - pages 602 to 606 explain it
all.

Thank you for this pointer.
I reread these pages. Even there, what is shown is just examples, but what
would be most useful to the reader would be an explicit statement that a
very useful new feature in XPath 2.0 is that a step can consist of a
function call(), and can be continued with a next step, if the function
call produces only nodes.

As it is, people could easily skip over this or not understand the examples
correctly. After all, even in the book it is easy to miss something when
there are so many features described.

BTW, do you plan on producing a similar, "XSLT 3.0 and XPath 3.1" book?

Thanks,
Dimitre