Re: fn:slice()

Also, the definition of "arity" needs to be changed in all places where it
is presented, for example in XDM:
https://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-datamodel-31/#dt-signature
from:

" [Definition: A function's *arity* is the number of its parameters. ] The
number of names in a function's parameter names, and the number of
parameter types in its signature, must equal the function's arity."

to:

[Definition: A function's *arity* is the number of its non-optional
parameters. ] The number of names in a function's required-parameter names,
and the number of parameter types in its signature, must equal the
function's arity.

Of course, function subtyping for functions that have optional parameter
becomes a mess (Hope not to have such nightmares :)  )

Thanks,
Dimitre