W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xsl-query@w3.org > October 2016

Re: DRAFT XML Query/XSL WG Joint Teleconference #659 Agenda 2016-11-01

From: Robie, Jonathan <Jonathan.Robie@dell.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 14:34:44 +0000
To: Andrew Coleman <andrew_coleman@uk.ibm.com>, "public-xsl-query@w3.org" <public-xsl-query@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D438DA2F.25453%jonathan.robie@emc.com>
Regrets  I will be in Barcelona.

Jonathan

From: Andrew Coleman <andrew_coleman@uk.ibm.com<mailto:andrew_coleman@uk.ibm.com>>
Date: Friday, October 28, 2016 at 10:03 AM
To: "public-xsl-query@w3.org<mailto:public-xsl-query@w3.org>" <public-xsl-query@w3.org<mailto:public-xsl-query@w3.org>>
Subject: DRAFT XML Query/XSL WG Joint Teleconference #659 Agenda 2016-11-01
Resent-From: <public-xsl-query@w3.org<mailto:public-xsl-query@w3.org>>
Resent-Date: Friday, October 28, 2016 at 10:04 AM

DRAFT XML Query/XSL WG Joint Teleconference #659 Agenda 2016-11-01


Andy will chair this meeting.

PLEASE SEND CORRECTIONS AND ADDITIONS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO A REVISED
AGENDA CAN BE PREPARED IN A TIMELY MANNER!

Changes in this agenda:



This week, I'd like us to work on the following items:
J4.2 (F&O)
J4.6 (Test suite)
Q2.3 (XQuery)


Key:
J = Joint Query/XSLT meeting;
Q = Query-only meeting


Teleconference connection details
---------------------------------

(Member only)
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xsl-query/2015Sep/0014.html



SUMMARY OF DECISIONS
====================
Note to secretary: Please insert a summary of all decisions made during
this teleconference at this location in the minutes.

Decisions MUST be clear as to their complete intent.  The subject of the
decision should *not* require dereferencing; it is most helpful if
agenda numbers and bug numbers are accompanied by their titles.  If a
decision is recorded about the resolution of a bug, the decision must
state exactly what the resolution is (e.g., "Accept the solution in
comment #5", or "Replace the production for XXX with this: <new
production>", or the like.  It should be possible to read a decision
months later and be certain what it meant and whether or not it was
properly applied.


NEW ACTION ITEMS
================
Note to secretary: Please insert all new action items assigned during
this teleconference at this location in the minutes.

Action items MUST make sense even when they are viewed standalone (that
is, not read in the context of the agenda item where they were
assigned).  This explicitly requires that all referents (e.g., "this",
"that") be made clear.  Action items such as "Ralph to resolve this
problem" are DISALLOWED.  It takes a scribe only a few additional
minutes to ensure that action items are clear, while it takes the entire
WG considerable effort to constantly research the meaning of unclear
action items.  The subject of the action item should *not* require
dereferencing; it is most helpful if agenda numbers and bug numbers are
accompanied by their titles.



===================================================
Joint XML Query Working Group and XSL Working Group
===================================================


J1. Administrative Items

J1.1 Selection of secretary(s)

Josh has been asked to take the minutes.  Mike has been asked to stand by.


NOTE: The chair will confirm the secretary prior to the start of the
meeting.


Most recent secretaries (least-recent participants first):
----------------------------------------------------------
(This list identifies the most recent three occasions when each
participant acted as Secretary for the Task Force.  The person whose
name is at the top of the list should plan to take the minutes at the
meeting identified by this agenda; if that person is unavailable, then
the job will fall to the next person on the list, etc.

Jonathan Robie      - 2016-07-05, 2016-04-12, 2016-01-05
Josh Spiegel        - 2016-07-19, 2016-03-15, 2015-12-01
Mike Kay            - 2016-07-26, 2016-04-26, 2016-03-01
O'Neil Delpratt     - 2016-09-06, 2016-04-19, 2016-02-02
Michael Sprbrg-McQn - 2016-09-27, 2016-06-07, 2016-02-09
Michael Dyck        - 2016-10-04, 2016-06-14, 2016-03-08
Abel Braaksma       - 2016-10-18, 2016-06-28
Liam Quin           - 2016-10-25, 2016-09-13, 2016-05-03



J1.2 Call the Roll -- NOT DONE DURING TELECONFERENCE

Note to secretary: During the meeting, take a note of the Webex
participants, then list in the minutes those present and those who sent
regrets.  All others will be presumed to have been absent without regrets.


XML Query WG membership list:
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=18797&order=org

XSL WG membership list:
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=19552&order=org


Regrets:




J1.3 Approval of agenda

J1.3.1 Additions, deletions, or corrections?



J1.4 Review of recent minutes and administrative items

J1.4.1 Minutes of meeting #658 (Liam)
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsl-query/2016Oct/0033.html


J1.5 Review of action items

NOTE: Please be prepared to respond quickly on your action items!

J1.5.1 Outstanding action items


ACTION A-655-05: Jonathan Robie to make a proposal to resolve bug 29858 "Named
Function References - context information".

Status: Pending; ETA 2016-10-25


ACTION A-655-06: Jonathan Robie to review the use of the verb "denote" in the
XPath and XQuery specs.

Status: Pending; ETA 2016-10-25


ACTION A-656-05: Josh to implement the fix in comment 1 of bug 29868 (XQueryX
stylesheet does not always convert arrowExpr to XQuery correctly).

Status: Pending; ETA not specified.


ACTION A-657-01: Jonathan to review XDM 3.1

Status: Pending; ETA 2016-10-25


ACTION A-657-02: Abel to finish reviewing F&O 3.1

Status: Pending; ETA 2016-10-25


ACTION A-657-12: ABr to create more tests for fn:transform, as he describes in bug 29834

Status: Pending; ETA not specified.


ACTION A-658-01 Liam to review XDM

Status: Pending; ETA 2016-11-15


ACTION A-658-02 Andy to review XDM

Status: Pending; ETA 2016-11-15


ACTION A-658-03 Josh to review XQuery 3.1

Status: Pending; ETA 2016-11-15


ACTION A-658-07 Liam to review MIME type registration for XQuery 3.1

Status: Pending; ETA not specified.



J1.5.2 Completed action items


ACTION A-657-04: MKay to update text of the FOJS error codes to include map/array functions where appropriate, see bug 29928

Status: Closed; See
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=29928#c3


ACTION A-657-13: MKay to look at the tests in bug 29883 and suggest a fix

Status: Closed; See
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=29883#c1


ACTION A-657-14: O'Neil to look at bug 29931 on collations to add dependencies for these tests

Status: Closed; See
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsl-query/2016Oct/0032.html


ACTION A-657-18: O'Neil to look at tests fn-transform-2, 26, 27 to improve them and actually test the caching, see Bug 29942

Status: Closed; See
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsl-query/2016Oct/0028.html


ACTION A-657-19: O'Neil to look at tests cbcl-cast-gYear-003 and cbcl-cast-gYearMonth-004 and to fix as proposed by MKay in comment #7 of bug 29547 (drop errors as allowed result)

Status: Closed; See
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsl-query/2016Oct/0027.html


ACTION A-658-04 Mike Kay to implement comment 4 of 29939 base URI of stylesheet

Status: Closed; See
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=29939#c6


ACTION A-658-05 Mike Kay to implement comment 4 of 29940 fn:transform serialization parameter override

Status: Closed; See
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=29940#c6


ACTION A-658-06 Tim to address bug 29946 on test results in view of spec change

Status: Closed; See
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsl-query/2016Oct/0035.html


ACTION A-658-08 Liam to ping i18n for review/sign-off on 3.1

Status: Closed; See
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsl-query/2016Oct/0037.html



J1.6 Update on related activities

J1.6.1 Update on XSLT WG activities (Sharon, MikeK)



J1.6.2 Update on EXPath/EXQuery CG activities (Mike)



J1.7 Future Meetings

J1.7.1 QT Meeting Schedule

[V45] Joint XML Query/XSL WG meeting schedule
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xsl-query/2016Jul/0003.html



J1.7.2 Future F2F Meetings

J1.7.2.1 Other future F2F meetings

(none)


J2. Documents For Review

(none)



J3. Maintenance Issues

J3.0 The XML Query WG and XSLT WG do not intend to maintains specs
earlier than the 3.0 suite of documents; when the 3.1 suite reaches
Recommendation, maintenance of the 3.0 documents will be terminated.

This agenda item is reserved for reporting errors and other problems
reported against the 3.0 (later, 3.1) suite of specifications.


J3.0.1 Concerns raised by the XSLT working group in regards to potential
completion delays of XSLT 3.0 if XPath 3.0 is made obsoleted by 3.1

Status: Pending the outcome of Abel's review of 3.0 bugs/errata.
        Any change to the status of the 3.0 specs requires explicit XSL WG
        consultation.


J3.1 Bugzilla Bugs filed against the 3.0 suite of joint XML Query WG and
XSLT WG documents

(none)



J4. Active Specification Development


** Note: Full Text 3.1 has been removed from the WG agenda.
If, in the future, there is sufficient interest (i.e. at least two
independent participants to develop the spec and implementations),
then this can be brought back on the agenda.



J4.1 Data Model 3.1 (Norm)

J4.1.0 Internal working draft
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xpath-datamodel-31/html/Overview.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xpath-datamodel-31/html/Overview-diff.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xpath-datamodel-31/src/changes.txt

(none)


J4.2 Functions and Operators 3.1 (Mike Kay)

J4.2.0 Internal working draft
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xpath-functions-31/html/Overview.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xpath-functions-31/html/Overview-diff.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xpath-functions-31/src/changes.txt


J4.2.1 Bug 29918 - [FO31] map:find ordering constraint prevents streaming evaluation
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=29918

Status: Ready to discuss


J4.2.2 Bug 29951 - [FO31] fn-transform "saved"
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=29951

Status: Ready to discuss



J4.3 Serialization 3.1 (Michael Sperberg-McQueen, Andy)

J4.3.0 Internal working draft
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xslt-xquery-serialization-31/html/Overview.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xslt-xquery-serialization-31/html/Overview-diff.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xslt-xquery-serialization-31/src/changes.txt

(none)


J4.4 XPath 3.1 (Jonathan)

J4.4.0 Internal working draft
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xquery-31/html/xpath-31.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xquery-31/html/xpath-31-diff.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xquery-31/src/changes.txt


J4.4.1 Bug 29858 - [XP31] Named Function References - context information
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=29858

Status: Pending completion of A-655-05



J4.5 Grammar Test Applets (Michael Dyck)

(none)


J4.6 QT3 test suite (O'Neil)

J4.6.1 Status report on test suite, harness, tools


J4.6.2 Status of 3.1 tests results

Status: Currently three implementers submitted results



J5. Progression of Work

J5.1 XSLT 3.0, XQuery 3.1, XQueryX 3.1, XPath 3.1, XDM 3.1, F&O 3.1,
Serialization 3.1

J5.1.1 Current status

* In Candidate Recommendation; awaiting implementation reports

* Potential coordination of dates with XSLT 3.0


J5.1.2 Dependencies inhibiting progression

* Sufficient implementation experience and reports thereof

* Detailed review of specifications by WG

Participant assigned to each document for detailed review
  - XDM 3.1           - Liam/Andy
  - XPath 3.1         - Mike Kay
  - F&O 3.1           - Abel
  - Serialization 3.1 - Tim
  - XQuery 3.1        - Josh
  - XQueryX 3.1       - Andy


* Formal response to all comments, responses accepted by commenters

* PR Transition Request and authorization, PR pub request

* REC Transition Request and authorization, REC pub request



J5.2 Update 3.0

J5.2.1 Current Status

* In Last Call Working Draft

At XML Prague, Liam talked to a few people about XQuery Update but found no great enthusiasm for doing the work.  We cannot progress without plans for a test suite and potential implementers.  The WG needs to decide what to do with this spec.

Status: Ready to discuss



J5.2.2 Require owner of XQUF 3.0 Test Suite


J5.2.3 Dependencies inhibiting progression

* CR Transition Request and authorization, CR pub request

* Completion of test suite minimum-required-to-declare-victory

* Sufficient implementation experience and reports thereof

* Formal response to all comments, responses accepted by commenters

* PR Transition Request and authorization, PR pub request

* REC Transition Request and authorization, REC pub request



J6. Any other business

J6.1 Consideration of future work

J6.1.1 QT 3.2

The WGs decided that we will finish the 3.1 documents presently under way,
but undertake no new work. Maintenance work should be planned upon for a
period of time after finishing the specifications.


J6.1.2 FT 3.1

Currently inadequate interest and resources


J6.1.3 Update 3.1

Currently inadequate interest and resources



J7. Adjourn




=======================
XML Query Working Group
=======================

Q1. The XML Query WG does not intend to maintains specs earlier than the
3.0 suite of documents; when the 3.1 suite reaches Recommendation,
maintenance of the 3.0 documents will be terminated.

Q1.0 This agenda item is reserved for reporting errors and other
problems reported against the 3.0 (later, 3.1) XML Query WG suite of
specifications.


Q1.1 Bugzilla Bugs filed against the 3.0 suite of XML Query WG documents

(none)



Q2. Active Specification Development

Q2.1 XQuery Update Facility 3.0 (John)

Q2.1.0 Internal working draft
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xquery-update-30/html/Overview.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xquery-update-30/html/Overview-diff.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xquery-update-30/src/changes.txt

* The WG needs to obtain implementation experience with this document.


Q2.2 XQuery Update Facility 3.0 Requirements and Use Cases (Andy)
See
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/requirements/xquery-update-30/html/Overview.html

* The WGs need to be certain that this document is completed
(red/yellow/green bullets on requirements, all the use cases intended to
be published) and a decision made to advance it to WG Note.


Q2.3 XQuery 3.1 (Jonathan)

Q2.3.0 Internal working draft
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xquery-31/html/xquery-31.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xquery-31/html/xquery-31-diff.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xquery-31/src/changes.txt


Q2.3.1 Bug 29959 - [xq31] fn:put()
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=29959

Status: Ready to discuss



Q2.4 XQueryX 3.1 (Josh)

Q2.4.0 Internal working draft
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xqueryx-31/html/Overview.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xqueryx-31/html/Overview-diff.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xqueryx-31/src/changes.txt

(none)


Q3. Test Suite Development

Q3.1 Update Facility 3.0 Test Suite (????)

* Need test suite developer/manager

* Need tests



Q4. Any other business



Q5. Adjourn




Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 741598.
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU
Received on Friday, 28 October 2016 14:36:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:43:20 UTC