RE: XML Encryption 1.1 comments

Frederick,
I have reviewed your comments and in general I think this looks good, but I have a few suggestions below. I cannot really comment on the EXI ones due to my limited EXI knowledge.

> (9) Section 5.4.1, ConcatKDF
>
> Replace 'The concatenation shall be done using the original, unpadded bit string
> values."'
>
> with
>
> 'The concatenation MUST be done using the original, unpadded bit string
> values.'

Perhaps: "The concatenation SHALL ..."?

> (10) Section 5.4.1, ConcatKDF
>
> In the example, what does it mean to have PartyVInfo=""? is this necessary, or a
> mistake?

I agree that it would be better to have a non-empty PartyVInfo; I can't think of situation where you provide PartyUInfo and not PartyVInfo.
Any value would do for our purposes (as long as it meets the padding rules we introduced).

> (11) 5.5.1 RSA Version 1.5
>
> Replace
> "Support of this key transport algorithm for transporting 192 bit keys is
> MANDATORY to implement. "
>
> with
>
> "Implementations MUST implement this key transport algorithm with support
> for transporting 192 bit keys."

I suggest to instead change to: "Implementations MUST support this key transport algorithm for transport of 192-bit TRIPLEDES keys." (since the key transport algorithm is already required).

-- Magnus