RE: Generic Hybrid Ciphers comments

Frederick, thanks for your review.

On 4/27, Frederick wrote:

> Comments on latest Generic Hybrid Ciphers editors draft
>
> Substantive:
>
> (1) The document shortname is "xmlsec-generic-hybrid" and the namespace is
> "http://www.w3.org/2009/xmlsec-gh#"
>
> Should the shortname match the namespace  (e.g. "xmlsec-generic- hybrid" vs
> "xmlsec-gh") ?

I don't know what the best practice is, but maybe it would be better to use (note the "c") "xmlsec-ghc" consistently?

> (2) Should the namespace include 2009 or 2010 as the year

I have no opinion on this.

> (3) Do we need a note regarding the status of ECIES-KEM, currently mandatory,
> given the unclear ECC IPR status?

 Is it needed given that the whole specification is OPTIONAL (last sentence in Section 1.1)?

> Editorial
>
> (1) Introduction
>
> Change " usage of these algorithms in XML-based security applications"
> to " usage of these algorithms in conjunction with XML Security"

Yes, or perhaps even: "use of these algorithms in conjunction with XML Security"

> (2) Section 2, Versions ...
>
> Replace "This namespace is also used as the prefix for identifiers defined by this
> specification."
>
> with
>
> "The use of the gh prefix in this document is an editorial convention
> - other prefix values could be associated with the namespace."

Actually, I suggest just removing this sentence. It does not seem necessary.

> (3) Section 4.2
>
> s/combines/combine/
>
> (4) Section 4.3
>
> s/in, e.g., /in/
>
> (5) Section 6, Examples
>
> Mark this section as informative.
>
> (6) Section 10 Schema
>
> Mark example as informative.

Why? It is not marked as informative in, for example, XML Encryption 1.1?

Best,
-- Magnus