Re: Strawman proposal for modified Transform processing for Streamability

I have a particular streaming XPath processing model in mind, (one that
only needs to keep the current element, its attributes, and the ancestor
elements in memory, and does not require a state engine), and XPath
subset that I have defined is a direct result of this constraint.

So far all the Xpath expressions that I have encountered are part of
this subset, but it is definitely possible that we will come across
something that doesn't fit. I am not sure what to do in that case.  I
don't want to go down the path of having many different profiles, that
would make adoption of the signature spec much harder - ideally I would
like to see if we can arrive at single v1.1/v2 spec, which solves the
performance issues and can be used by 99% of the current users. For the
remaining 1% we may take the approach of telling them to use the current
signature spec.

Pratik