Re: XML Signature 2.0 Strawman Proposal

Some initial thoughts on Ed's presentation:

Ed is asking if we need objects that are outside signedInfo. My personal
view is that we actually need. XAdES signatures, for instance reserve a
relevant role for contents of ds:Objects thjat are not signed: they
contain revocation information that some verifier may incorporate after
verifying the signature (actual values or references, or time-stamps) or
even counter-signatures....
As for Manifest, I would say from what was written in the original
XMLSig that there are use cases for it, so I would also be in favour of
keeping it ....

On canonicalization, if I have correctly understood, the group should
deal only wiht canonicalization of signedInfo and leave outside... so we
would only achieve make things easier only for enveloping signatures,
not dettached or enveloped....am I right?

I think that incorporation of differnt signers is anyway a good thing...

But as I said, these are only first thoughts....

Regards

Juan Carlos.