Re: non-matched output port

On 5/1/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:

> On 4/30/07, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> >
> > / Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> > | For
> > |
> > | Head (p:head)
> > | Matching Documents (p:subsequence)
> > | Tail (p:tail)
> > |
> > | I propose to add "dual port" or "non matched" output port which will
> > | output the rest in a sequence
> >
> > I suppose the incremental cost is small. What do others think?
>

> Sure.
>
> | The same for
> > |
> > | Delete (p:delete)
> > | Replace (p:replace)
> > |
> > | it would generate a sequence of the node deleted or replaced in a
> > sequence
>

> As Norm pointed out, delete might not target a document.  Replace won't
> work because of the same reason. There is no reason why you couldn't
> replace a text node with an element.

That's interesting !
So neither delete nor replace are restricted to elements !
What are they restricted on ?

Delete can match :
* Element : OK
* Attribute : OK
* Namespace : ?
* Comment : OK
* Text : OK
* PI : OK
* node() : ? (because of Namespace)

Replace can match and replace them by a document :
* Element : OK
* Attribute : NO
* Namespace : NO
* Comment : Why not ?
* Text : Why not ?
* PI : Why not ?
* node() : NO (because of Namespace and attributes)

Am I right ?

Mohamed