Re: in-scope namespaces & inline documents

On 3/14/07, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Alex Milowski writes:
>
> > The inline XSLT transformation won't compile unless the in-scope
> > namespaces are copied to the document element supplied as part of
> > the input to the 'transform' port of the XSLT step.
>
> 'copied'? 'document element'?  We've been clear from the beginning
> that what flows down pipes is infosets.  The EII corresponding to
> '<xsl:transform version="1.0">', which will become the document EII of
> the infoset on the 'transform' port, has all the bindings it needs.

The problem is that the  in-scope namespaces  has namespaces
that aren't declared on that element.  As such, you need to fabricate
the namespace declarations.  This is the difference between the
[in-scope namespaces] property and the [namespace attributes]
property of the element information item.