RE: XPath 1.0 or 2.0

I agree with Norm and Murray.

paul

________________________________

	From: public-xml-processing-model-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-xml-processing-model-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of
Murray Maloney
	Sent: Wednesday, 2006 May 17 13:41
	To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
	Subject: Re: XPath 1.0 or 2.0

	I have to agree with Norm thought process and conclusions.
	Can anyone present a strong argument against Norm's three
	main points:

		In short:

		1. I think allowing a choice is unacceptably risky.
		2. I think requiring XPath 2 is unnecessary.
		3. Anyone anxious to use XPath 2 can do so even if we
don't provide
		   it in V1.0 of the language: authors can use the XSLT
2.0 component
		   and implementors can provide custom components.

		Let's choose XPath 1.0 for expressions in the core
language.

		                                        Be seeing you,
		                                          norm