RE: XPath 1.0 or 2.0

Me for lots of reasons, some technical, some "political",
and some just gut feeling from having worked on SGML and
XML related standards for 20 years.

I've been in standards work too long not to realize
that the committee members are all early adopters and
want the latest coolest stuff, but the average customer
out there has a different definition of "standard", as
does the average non-WG-member implementor.

If we want what we develop to be adopted, it's just
foolhardy to think we can do anything other than
base our version 1.0 on XPath 1.0.

paul