Re: Requirements Document Updated

Erik Bruchez wrote:
> I am not 100% we have built a strong case for parameters. It looks like
> they are only needed for XSLT. Do we have other use cases?

In the followup of Alex's reply, I also believe parameters should be
separate from inputs. If we want to reuse some pipeline, we may allow
its reuse through parameterization. This enforces some standardization
of parameter specification for (at least) XSLT and blackboxed pipelines.

> My fear is that now, will will have two concepts: "input" and
> "parameters". They won't work the same, and the question of how or
> whether a step can produce data which gets connected to a "parameter"
> remains open.

My feeling is that parameters should not be bound to data, but to
component configurability. Therefore, we should be careful on allowing
connection between data and parameters.

Rui