[closed] Re: p:encrypt and p:decrypt

"James Fuller" <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com> writes:
> I think its important to make a distinction between text encryption
> and xml encryption ... conflating everything into a single p:encrypt
> is probably a mistake so I propose;

The WG considered adding steps to perform text-based encryption and
decryption, but was not persuaded to do so. It's not,
strictly-speaking, XML-related, and there's nothing in our
requirements or use-cases which motivates it.

The question of XML encryption/decryption steps remains open[1], but
I'm going to close this thread.

Please let us know if you're unsatisfied by this resolution.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/08/lastcall/#C015

--