Re: ACTION to draft the 'copy without namespaces' proposal

Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name> writes:
> The first bullet of section three, s/two two/two/

Fixed.

> Should the local-attributes namespace be anywhere in the XSD? I
> realize the ##other might take care of it, but should we put it in
> explicitly?

I can't think of a way. We don't want to enumerate any particular set
of attributes, we want to allow any attribute in that namespace, but
also in other namespaces, so I think ##other covers it.

> In section 3.1 after the explicit attributes where we mention
> "attributes other than those listed above" I think we should have
> another mention of the local-attribute namespace and another reference
> to 4.3.

Yes. Actually, I made "Any attributes in the
http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude/local-attributes namespace" into a
member of that list.

> Should we add, say, and xila attribute (for the local-attribute
> namespace) to the DTD fragment?

Uhhhh...maybe. I'm not sure how strongly I want to imply that there's
a particular prefix for them.

> The second bullet in 4.3 needs to say that if the xila attribute is
> assigned the null string, any specification of that attribute on a top
> level included element is deleted

Do we? We had that rule for xml:id because an empty string is not a
valid value for xml:id. That's not the case for attributes generally.

I could be persuaded otherwise, but my initial thought is

  xila:foo=""

puts

  foo=""

on the top-level elements.