Re: FW: FW: Last Call for XML Signature 2.0, Canonical XML 2.0 and XML Signature Streaming Profile of XPath 1.0 ( LC-2488)

"Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com> writes:
> As I explained at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2011Sep/0005
> I will be offline from tomorrow through September 26, so I have taken
> the liberty of making a private comment (per the above cited email).
>
> I cannot suggest exact language, since I don't know how you want to
> deal with attributes in the XML namespace like xml:id that probably
> should not be "imported" (I'm not sure what "imported" means since
> a scan of the draft indicates the use in B.8 is the only use of the
> otherwise undefined term).
>
> But I'm quite sure that:
>
> 1.  you shouldn't use the term "XML namespace attributes" to refer
>     to "attributes in the XML namespace", and
>
> 2.  you need to be clearer what "import" means and how you want to
>     deal with at least xml:id which, I wouldn't think, you'd want
>     to handle in the same way as things like xml:lang.
>
> Apologies if I am missing something obvious; if, in my absence, the
> XML Core WG disagrees with me, their opinion overrides mine.

On the contrary, at the meeting of 7 September[1], the XML Core WG
agreed to endorse Paul's comments as Working Group comments. Please
let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2011Sep/0007.html

--