Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2009 September 9

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:19:26 +0200, Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com> wrote:

> No, we don't give world access to editor's drafts.

That's unfortunate. Why not?

> Giving world access is known as "publishing".

I thought publishing is taking a snapshot of the draft and putting it in
/TR/.

> Once the WG decides it is ready, we will publish a working draft
> and request public comment.

Sure.

> Given that we have not had a single WG telcon to discuss this
> draft, it is not ready to be published.

I'm not asking for it to be published, I'm just asking for the editor's
draft to be made available to non-Members, so that more people can give
early feedback. A number of W3C WGs have public editor's drafts these
days. It doesn't imply that the draft is ready or has WG consensus or
anything.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software