Re: @rel syntax in RDFa (relevant to ISSUE-60 discussion), was: Using XMLNS in link/@rel

Julian Reschke wrote:

> [Noah Mendelsohn wrote]:
>
> > With my TAG chair hat on, this leads me to invite all
> concerned to think
> > about whether the TAG should do more about this right now.  I
> will be glad
> > to hear suggestions from anyone involved, including other TAG
> members, as
> > to what if anything would be constructive for us to undertake more
> > formally.  Otherwise, we'll continue to monitor this thread
> and contribute
> > as individuals.
>
> I think it's highly desirable that the TAG gets involved here. I've been

> hoping for this since the issue (of CURIEs in @rel) was brought up by
> Jonathan Rees last September
> (<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Sep/0028.html>).

The TAG has a F2F meeting scheduled for next week.  Although it's late for
adding mandatory items to the agenda, I have added the following to the
list of unscheduled optional items [1]:

---
* (late addition to this agenda) The TAG has, within the last week, been
asked to help resolve concerns with the use of CURIEs in RDFa and with the
HTML profile attribute. See very long email thread that was instigated
with an email message from Mark Nottingham to www-tag titled "Using XMLNS
in link/@rel", which in turn promoted a message to the public-html list
from Julian Reschke titled @rel syntax in RDFa (relevant to ISSUE-60
discussion), was: Using XMLNS in link/@rel. The long thread starts with
that; early messages in that thread were not cross-posted to www-tag, but
later ones were (starting with this one).
---

I expect there will be at least time for hallway discussion, and very
likely for a bit of formal consideration as well.  Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/03/03-agenda.html#unscheduled

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation